Monday, September 8, 2008

Hlabelela!

One aspect of the Swazi culture I greatly enjoy is how much they enjoy to sing and dance.
It seems to be a way they can freely express themselves and to have a fun time!

One of the songs I've been learning in Siswati is called Bonga. It becoming one of my favorite songs so far so I thought I'd share it with you!
The words are a little tricky to say but I'm getting it.

These are the words to the song Bonga:

Bonga (Praise) x4

Njenge nyoni enhle (Like a beautiful bird)
Hlabelela (Sing praises)

Ukuhlabelela (Singing praises)
Kuyamthokozisa (Brings joy)
Odabuki leyo (to the grieving)
Hlebelela (sing praises)

I love how this song reminds us that even as we grieve and are sad we can still experience the joy of the Lord when we praise Him. What an amazing God we serve!
Here are a couple of pictures from our time at the clinic. The clinic building is at a care point. They were passing out Christmas Boxes from Operation Christmas Child on afternoon after I finished with clinic. It was so much fun to see them get the boxes and open them up!

For a couple of years along with my youth kids we have filled these boxes in Denver. How exciting to see my kids receive this blessing!

No comments: