Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I wish I hadn't turned from my relationship with Jesus...

Mr. Mitchell, a man who live on the street and is a patron at the Denver Rescue Mission, shared his story with us today.

He told us about his wife and three kids and how much he loves them. He told us of his wonderful job he used to have and the houses he was able to provide not only for him and his wife, but also a house paid in full for each kid.

He spoke of how he lost it all when he became addicted to drugs and alcohol...job, family, money, health all down the tubes. Now he lives with Parkinson's and fights daily with his addictions while he live out on the streets.

Someone asked him if he could change one thing in his life what would that be?

Mr. Mitchell replied, "I would have never turned my back to my relationship with Jesus that first time".

He didn't say I would have never drank or done drugs or change this or that.
He sincerely knows the importance and life changing simple fact...a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is all that matters.

Do you know this simple fact as well?


No comments: