Thursday, June 26, 2008

August 12 baby!

I'VE BOUGHT MY ONE WAY TICKET TO SWAZILAND
FOR AUGUST 12!
CRAZY?!

I'll be flying out of Denver, CO at 8pm on August 12 to England. Kick it in the Hethrow airport for a 6 hour layover (ya know, to give my arms a break...hahaha). Fly from England to Johannesburg, South Africa, arriving early in the morning (and try to find the most comfy cozy corner to catch some zzz's). Then in the early afternoon hitch a ride from Jburg, SA, to Manzini, Swaziland!
I'll be arriving in Swaziland around 3 pm on August 14.

Now get out your calculators...how long will I be traveling?
Drum roll please......Brrrrrrruuuuuuuummmmmm bump.

34 hour of kick you in the pants exciting international travel! YEAH!!!!
(Actually I really do enjoy international travel...we'll see what I'll say after 34 hour it ;)

My financial support is at 80%!
Praise the Lord!

I've got 91% of my moving/car costs covered!
($1500 still needed)
I've got 76% of my monthly covered!
($475 of month still needed)

Thanks you for everyone who has been donating one time and monthly financial gifts. This would not be possible if it wasn't for you and your wonderful giving hearts! Thank you for becoming a part of the ministry God has called me to in Africa for you have now become a part of a ministry that touch the hearts of needy children in Swaziland with the love of Christ! Thank you all who have been in supporting me through prayer! I greatly appreciate and feel your support!

I'm excited to see how God brings the rest of the money in...He continues to reveal His character to me in these times when I have to fully depend on Him (I'm learning it's in all time and all things I am to depend soley on Him ;). Times when He's apparently made it quite obvious I could not do it without Him and His Provision. So I learn to actively rest and watch as He provides all that I need not only financially but physically and emotionally and socially. What an amazing God we serve!

If you would like to financially contribute with a one time gift or monthly gift (any and all money helps!) then you can either contact me by email/phone and donate by mailing in the money or by donating on line on the Children's Cup online donation website!

I've also put in my 2 weeks notice at work so my last day at Longmont United Hospital on the cancer floor will be July 11...right before I'll leave for my Third World Nursing Course in Canada!

Quiting work was exciting and scary and kinda sad.
Exciting because it means I'm another step closer to moving to Swaziland! Something that I've wanted to do for a long while. I've had about 5 false starts...5 different times when I thought I'd be leaving work at the hospital and move to Swaziland.
Quiting work is scary cause it means I no longer am "providing" for myself with a secure job with awesome benefits and coworkers. The security of having all the medical equipment and extra nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, clowns (love those visiting clowns ;), and doctors for extra insight and support.
I'm sad to no longer be a part of the 5 west staff. I love everyone who's there and will miss their encouragement, laughter, and commodore when we all need to crab about such and such a patient. "Can you believe that he..." "He is driving me up the wall!" "If she does...one more time I'm going to..." Love you guys and will dearly miss you!

Thank you all again for your love and support! Can't wait to see where God will take us in the journey called life.

Love ya all!
Me, Renee and Hannah at the Denver Aquarium...here fishy fishy fishy...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Roomie!!

Two weeks notice, huh!? It's getting closer! I'll be praying for you and the rest of your support; I know how that feels!

Can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!