Sunday, August 17, 2008

The rainy days of Swaziland

HELLO EVERYONE!


I arrived safely in Swaziland on Thursday!


Went straight to the clinic from the airport to get ready to hold a mobile clinic on Friday. Clinic went well and I've been having a grand time getting to know everyone with Children's Cup in Swaziland!


Some Swazi highlights:


1. Within 5 minutes of being in the country I saw a man peeing on the side of the road...literally...just right out in the open.


2. I saw 3 elephants during my first sunset in Africa...amazing I know!

3. In my first mobile clinic I heard a 6 year old who has a very irregular heart beat and ran a couple strings of V fib (aka ghost holding hands...not a very good thing) while I was listening to his heart.


4. I finally started feeling normal...more myself...when I was able to participate in vocal worship practice after church on Sunday.



5. I've now learned how to kiss my teeth...a form of expression or input in a conversation...no idea when to use it though.

Love and miss you all!
I'll be writing an update soon and a prayer email update as I continue to get settled.

Love ya!

No comments: